SUGGESTED AGENDA FOR PRODUCT TRAINING AND FAMILIARISATION:
BRIEF REVIEW OF INTENDED USERS OPERATION
- A brief history of the product and company background
- How the product attempts to address Electricity trading and management in
- Perceived Market needs – Uniform pricing tool, consistent market
approach, risk management capabilities etc (comparison with other markets)
- Brief (not too technical) assessment of derivative pricing methods,
- Technical overview of system / environment
DETAILED OPERATION OF THE SYSTEM
entry of RRPs, forwards and vols.
Pool Data; historic and feed facilities – External file uploading /
Futures and Forward Curve building (multiple forward curve usage) –
Volatility: seasonal effects / estimation / forward curve development
Public Holidays; NEMMCO holidays etc.
Load profile construction and price calculations
System Settings (numerous)
- Data Facilities
- Information structure and data feeds.
- Quote or deal entry and audit trail / logging
- Portfolio summary screens
- Tracking performance & accrued profit / loss of current trades in
- Instrument Position
- Instrument Summary
- Profile Summary
- Cap/Floor/Swap/Futures Payoff diagrams etc (extns to averaged
- Profile and Forward Calculators
- Option and Swaps Strategy Graph
- Updating facilities and downloading of data to external systems
- Context on-line referencing
- Technical, technical tips etc.
- Backup and Support
- Support from development team
- Database shell / structures / updating / Backups
Trading Review - Dealers Facilities
- Initial familiarisation, technical and operational
- Periodic upgrading, new user training etc.
Risk Management - Accounting Perspective
- Set aside time to go over specific issues of trading features in
system with your dealers.
- Set aside time to review accounting, management, audit features with
- Performance analysis (including accrued profit/loss)
Back Office Integration
Opportunity to review your current / planned back
office systems and assess potential for integration etc.
Description of internal system logs and audit
Security aspects of database and deal capture /
DISCUSSION POINTS FROM USERS PERSPECTIVE
*** NOTE: For the presentation, it would help if you could
either a large monitor that I can connect to my laptop, or a projector as
appropriate. I would however ask you to ensure that normal XGA screen
resolution (1024 x 768) is available on whatever is used.
If all else fails, my laptop has a
15.1-inch screen and is adequate for viewing by at least four or five people.